Monday, August 2, 2010

Dani Filth Canvas

Dani Filth Canvas Collage :)So here is a pretty simple project to do. It took me about an hour. Pretty easy and very fun :) It also made a rockin' and cool custom birthday gift for my rocker friend! This project can be altered for anyone, and i have done this same project a few times for different friends! Its awesome and everyone seems to love it!
So first-my materials were : a 3x5" hardback canvas, acrylic paints, photo paper, card stock, diamond glaze, and a safety pin. Basically I just painted the canvas black and red, my friends two favorite colors and splattered it a little with white. While it was drying I found and printed pictures of the singer of her favorite band, Cradle of Filth. Then I called her up and asked what her favorite song by the was. I googled the lyrics, picked one line I liked the best, sized them on Photoshop, and printed them on photo paper.

When the ink was dry and so was the paint I mono-adhesive the picture and quotes to the card stock paper and assembled it as I liked. Mono doesn't normally stick to painted canvas to I use diamond glaze. It leaves a shine if you get it on top...so try to avoid that. The safety pin was also stuck on with Diamond Glaze.

All in all its a SUPER easy and cheap project that can be altered to any friend and made a cool birthday gift everyone liked...even if the guy is creepy :)

No comments: