Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Angel

My Greatest Creation...I think at least!The Angel...or at least thats what my mom and I call it. This was the drawing that made everyone in my family wonder why I was holding out on them. Haha. This has a story behind it. I woke up one day after many weeks of no art and I had had a dream and i was drawing this...so I decided to draw it.
End Of Story.
The face isnt as great as I wanted it to be. I wanted a more intense look to it but I really think that eyes turned out pretty good. My mom loves the face. My family and friends were pretty shocked that I did this at all!
The glowing ball of-of-uhh....light? Represents the light of wisdom and the light of waking up really. Its lighting up this chcik. Its lighting her up right in her face. That'll wake you up!
Her eyes are looking at you to see what have you learned? Have you woken up yet? Do you get it? The design on her eye was just for the heck of it. I just liked the idea of it.
Okay-all my friends are like "Whoa! You did that! Uh...shes naked."
Yes shes naked...nakedness represents voneralbility. Its represents being scared, vonerable and alone. The wing was just something that was there...so there. Haa.

This drawing took me alittle under a week to do and was really my first "real" drawing. It kinda woke me and told me that I COULD do "real" art. This is actually a really big drawing. It is almost 2ft by 1.5 ft. It is done all in colored pencil and a normal pencil.

No comments: