Sunday, November 9, 2008

Greatest Name Painting



This is a painting I did on a stretch canvas in acrylic paints. It obviously was a very LARGE canvas but I don't know exactly how big it is. I painted from the center first and painted in the 9 pointed star which is the symbol of the Baha'i Faith. The I used a really dark purple and just mixed a lot of white into it. As I went layer to layer I just mixed more purple into it saying that I needed to have more paint ANYWAY. So I finished the surrounding stars I used a dry paintbrush to kinda mix the colors into each other color. Then I went around and did the little accents around the points of the star. This went to a family friend in South Carolina for their prayer room. When I visited them not so long ago I got to see it 'in action' lol. It looked great, and they really loooved it!

No comments: